Crystals can help you set and achieve your intentions.
They are a great way to set intentions, but they can also help keep you focused on your goals. Crystals are a tangible reminder of what you’re working towards, which is why they can be so helpful for those who tend to lose sight of their goals or become distracted easily.
You can program your crystals to help set intentions by charging them under the sun or moon, by setting a clear intention in your mind and then speaking it aloud while holding the crystal. You could also program your crystals whenever you feel like doing so.
To cleanse and charge your crystals, simply place them outside in direct sunlight for at least an hour per day for several days or place them in direct moonlight overnight (make sure they’re not touching each other). Once charged, store them in a safe place away from direct sunlight or heat sources such as radiators or fireplaces where they won’t be disturbed but still remain visible enough to remind you of their purpose.
Some people also like to bury them, place them on the ground or in a potted plant or run them under water (out in nature is best, but your sink will do just fine).
Ok, but now let's get specific about using crystals for self-care.
How to incorporate crystals into your self-care practice
- On a piece of paper, write down one area of your life you want to grow and develop - something you want to call in. Place your crystal on top of it.
- The shape of carved standing crystal points direct and focus energies out the termination point. These stones are excellent for raising the vibration of a location, like a whole room.
- Place the crystal point on your altar or within any sacred space to release its energy and your intentions.
- Bring crystal towers into your spaces. Place it near your bed, in your workspace, on your desk, on your bathroom counter, or somewhere else you’ll see it each day as a reminder that its properties are available to you whenever you need.
- Hold your tower and repeat a mantra that resonates with why you selected this stone and what you want to call in and/or release.
- Carry your stone with you in your bag or pocket to hold and connect with its energy when you need it most. If you find yourself needing to reconnect to its energy, hold your crystal and take a few breaths before continuing about your day.
- Try incorporating crystals it into your meditation practice, a powerful way to access the healing energy of a stone. Try holding a crystal in each hand to align yourself with its particular energy.
- Also in meditation, while lying down, place the stone at the base of your neck/throat – aim for the small hollow between your clavicles - or place it on the center of your forehead. This is best done in longer meditation sessions.
- Sit quietly with the stone and breathe in the healing energy of the universe while exhaling to release negativity and other unwanted energies from your mind, body and spirit.
- Use smaller pieces of crystals or stones to make a powerful crystal grid and repeat a statement that aligns with the crystal’s properties.
- Grab hold of one of these beautiful stones, close your eyes, breathe, and focus on releasing what no longer serves you.
- Holding your crystal, imagine a bubble in the center of your chest expanding outside your body, protecting you from negative energy, pushing out what no longer serves you, and allowing you to be free.
Mantras to use with your crystal self-care practice
- I am brave.
- I am strong.
- I am confident. I accept myself for who I am, right now.
- I am compassionate. I am loved.
Use these crystals to help you set your intentions.
To use crystals for intention setting, simply find a crystal that resonates with what it is that you want to manifest in your life and carry it with you throughout the day. You could also place it near where you work or where other people see it often (such as on your desk), so that even if no one else notices the crystal’s presence, its energetic influence will still affect those around it positively.
Here's a list of 25 of my favorite crystals to use for intention setting, it includes:
But you'll have to read the article to get the full list!
There are plenty of articles on my blog that go into details about the meanings behind the crystals I offer. Please reach out - I'd be happy to offer personal recommendations.
How to Cleanse Your Crystals
Before beginning any crystal practice (and anytime you're using a crystal for a new purpose, or you feel its energy stagnating), you should cleanse your crystals. For cleansing, Selenite plates or slabs work well for smaller pieces. For larger geodes, a little bit of Palo Santo or ethically sourced sage works just fine.
Crystal Healing Properties Disclaimer
Information and statements related to the metaphysical benefits mentioned in our listings are not intended to replace the advice of a healthcare professional. If you have a medical condition or health concern, please speak to a licensed medical professional.